WeCHAT : A ‘FANG’TASTIC EXPERIENCE

Written for Indiblogger-WeChat Contest

It happened on my first chat. I was new to WeChat and was therefore interested in trying out its features. I logged in with Facebook Connect and then went to see the sea i.e.  to pick a Drift Bottle. After all, the concept was new.

At my first pick I got a starfish. I had better luck the second time. The message was as follows:

“  From: Europe
  Invite me home
  - Vlad 

The request seemed strange but I replied anyway.

“ Sure. Come anytime but I won’t tell u my address.

I had moved into a new apartment. There was no way this guy could find it. So no harm done.
I decided to try out the next feature. I didn’t know anyone so I decided to find people for group chat using Shake.

I never believed that someone would shake his phone at the same time that I did. So it came as a surprise when I found one. His login name was Omega. I sent him my greetings and activated group chat.

I           : Hi, I am Amith. I shook my phone the same time as you did!

Omega:  That no big deal. I shake all the time.

I           : All the time? Who are you?

Omega: You haven’t heard of me? I will give you a clue. I am neither black nor white. Some say I               am a man while others believe I am a woman. I love everyone especially kids. I am       everywhere and everyone worships me.

I           : OMG! Impossible! Is there Wechat in heaven?

Omega: Not OMG! Its OMJ!

I           : OMJ?

Omega: Only Michael Jackson.

That’s when a new person joined the chat.

Agatha: Hi, I’m Christie.

I           : Jesus Christ!

Omega: She said Christie, not Christ. You are weird. First you think I’m God. Then her as Christ. What next? Holy Ghost?

Agatha: Hey, Mike, did they solve your case yet?

Omega: Don’t know. It doesn’t matter to me. Can’t go back, can I?

I           : I think they pinned it on the doctor.

Agatha: Doc in the Dock. It would have made a perfect title.

I           : Any theories?

Agatha: Ten at least. Each with a different killer including the President.

Omega: Gosh! The girl is dangerous!

That’s when another guy entered the fray.

DNA OWNBR: Hello.

I           : Are you a scientist? What’s with the DNA?

Omega: How do you pronounce that name?

Agatha: Hello Mr. Brown.

DNA     :How did you know it was me?

Agatha: Order and method, my dear fellow. Order and method.

I           : What?

Agatha: No mother would give her son such a strange name. So it ought to be an anagram. DNA? The best possibility was Dan. Choosing an anagram for a chat id meant either the man was paranoid or a pure genius.

DNA     : Ah! At last someone has spoken the truth.
Omega: You think he is a pure genius? What about me?
Agatha: Of course not. I was the last ‘pure genius’.

Before the other two could protest, we had a new guest.

BAT      : Greetings.

I           : What’s with the name? Are you a batsman?

BAT      : No. I am a batman.

Omega: ‘A’ batman?

Agatha : You mean  Bruce Wayne?

DNA     : Let me guess. Count Dracula?

BAT      : How did you know?

DNA     : Count Dracula was the original batman. His sad tale is told through the comic series. Don’t you see, he was a good guy victimized by the Church. Look at the various names of Batman. The Dark Knight. The Caped Crusader. They are all analogies to Dracula.

I           : Hey dude, one doubt? Why is it that in olden days you feared the cross and now you don’t? I mean I have seen the latest movies.

DNA     : That’s because you have been using the wrong cross. The square cross is the right one. A symbol of peace. The true sign of Christ.

Agatha : I thought the long stemmed one was the right one.

DNA     : You are mistaken old lady. The long stemmed one was a device of torture. I am surprised how few Christians know of the symbols violent history.

Agatha: Well, Christ was not actually being pampered in the cross was he?

Omega: Why don’t we let Batty do the answering?

BAT      : The square cross is the one you must use. It is a sign of peace.

DNA     : See, I was right.

BAT      : R.I.P. The long stemmed cross is pure torture. I hate it.

DNA     : Then why come it is useless now?

BAT      : Symbols mean nothing. It’s the faith behind it that matters. I think I got to go now. Dinner is ready.

Omega: Dinner? At this hour?

DNA     : One question,Vlad. How do you hunt these days?

I           : Vlad?

DNA     : Vlad the Impaler. Count Dracula. Its all the same.

BAT      :Its easy. I sent a drift bottle asking for an invitation. Some fool will reply. One just did.

I           : Oh!Oh!

That was the end of my fangtastic experience as I felt two fangs on my neck.
I slept in peace for three days. But now I am hungry. Will you invite me home?

                                                         
To have your own fangtastic experience, click the link below  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Demo